Cantonese Opera Again!

After running all my Cantonese opera shots through Lightroom ( which is a total Godsend, I can't believe it's taken me this long to get involved in it) I've found that I have quite a few that I really like. Stage lighting helps, but I think the thing that contributed most to the final look of the day was my new Nikon D300.

This camera rocks, seriously. Much better in low light than my old Nikon D50, which couldn't go above ISO 800 in most situations, and which didn't have the megapixel depth for much cropping and post-processing.

You can clearly see a differnence between these two cameras, if they are used side by side under the same conditions.

Here are more of the shots, and I have to point out that these were taken during a performance of a very famous opera company, with no flash allowed and very tight angles (I had to duck down at the fornt of the stage and not bother anyone who was trying to appreciate the show).

Enjoy!

Cantonese Opera at Lam Tsuen  (59 of 21)

Cantonese Opera at Lam Tsuen  (57 of 21)

Cantonese Opera at Lam Tsuen  (56 of 21)

Cantonese Opera at Lam Tsuen  (52 of 21)

Cantonese Opera at Lam Tsuen  (51 of 21)


0 comments: